We comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and only hold the data necessary to offer the services provided on our website. We only send out emails to those who have specifically subscribed. We never sell or pass on your information to third parties.
Data collection for research/evaluation
Demographic data is collected in order to ascertain that our resources are reaching a wide audience and to help inform future dissemination strategies. Email addresses will only be used for the purpose of follow-up evaluation. Only members of the research project will have access to this data.
This site places cookies to:
- Make our website function as you’d expect when using, comments boxes, forms, etc.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
Third-party cookies may also be placed to:
- Allow you to share or like our content on social networks like Facebook and Twitter. The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
- Continuously improve our website by tracking our visitors whilst they are on the site through Google Analytics or other statistics services. Cookies are used to compile visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using, how long they spend on the site, what pages they look at etc. Google lets you opt out of their service. This information is very useful to us for improving our website.
- Provide a richer experience by embedding content from other sites, such as videos from sites like YouTube or maps from Google Maps.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass or sell personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Track your browsing for the use of advertising.
You can control cookies with your browser
You can use your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.) to control the cookies that are stored on your computer. You can find guidance on doing this at this link. Doing this may limit the functionality of our website and many other websites.